StillPlaysMC, a few things:
1) 8th grade is the worst. period. It will get better. I know from experience. Part of the problem is most students that age are struggling. So they aren’t very kind. Eventually they will mature and you’ll find some friends. Maybe not a lot. But it gets better.
2) For an 8th grader your writing is amazingly good. Keep it up! Writing is hard for everyone. You’re doing much better than most. One thing nice about it is you can go over it, jump around, it’s a nice match for a mind that’s also jumping around.
3) Print out this thread and take it to your school counselor and ask for an IEP that accommodates being ADHD. That will help with your grades. Nobody knew about ADHD when I was your age. I got lots of comments along the lines of “if only he’d try.” Yeah, I felt like a complete failure.
4) One thing that eventually helped me was I found something to be passionate about. I had no idea at the time but it was a good thing. You say you like to write. Well, write. You may have to set some limits but take the break. Write stories for the school paper. Maybe there are other groups of writers. You’re young and maybe they’ll help you with your writing.
5) Having split parents is tough. I can’t say I’ve been there. I still argue with my dad and he’s 90. My mom died 3 years ago and I still miss her. Why don’t you write to your mom? It’s an old thing, writing letters. It’s also wonderful getting a real letter from someone.