Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else? Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

reddirtrockstulsa
Participant

I have been living with ADHD (diagnosed) for more than 20 years and have taken Generic Adderall at the same (highest possible) dosage for at least 18 of those years. Unfortunately up until I found the information in this forum and newsletter I had no idea that so many of the major issues I have struggled with were a component of my ADHD.
To your point I definitely have two perspectives and you are correct about your response to the excessive explanations and I hope to see replies that will help us both. However I do find that I have a really difficult time communicating in general and I do that exact same thing when I am trying to tell someone something important and I see a complete lack of compression on their face. I feel that it’s my poor communication skills that is keeping them from understanding. But I think you have helped me to see that maybe I am simply not reading the person’s reaction right. Maybe they are just bored and I can take that as it is and move on. Thank you.