Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else? Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

Quality, I have to be honest.. I’m mind blown to find others like me.

When I suspect I’m going to be waiting for a long time, I usually just zone out and grab a book if the situation is going to be intense like waiting for someone at a surgery LOL.

Though to combat long conversations I usually try and focus on specifics/details in a long conversation, like “keywords” and “phrases”, sorry to put these into quotes but i find it much easier when I’m hunting for keywords, it seems to keep me quite entertained hehe and also the person who is speaking probably realises I’m listening more too! Time keeps to whiz by! Personally long conversations don’t bother me anymore.. bare in mind someone has to read this reply hahaha

I would also stare deep into their eyes, many people don’t like huge eye contact, though its a sign your intently listening to them…but a lot of people, seem to try and get to the point quicker if they are slightly uncomfortable. lol