Reply To: Looking for a Picture/Description of Trigen generic Concerta

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Looking for a Picture/Description of Trigen generic Concerta Reply To: Looking for a Picture/Description of Trigen generic Concerta

agberg
Participant

Thank you all for the responses, and sorry to hear about the negative experiences.

To update things from my end, we did go through and try the Trigen version for my son over winter break, where we could observe any changes ourselves. We have not noticed any difference in the drugs performance for him from the Actavis brand that he had been taking. The pill does have a tiny hole in the top, and one of the pharmacists I spoke to said it is designed to have a similar timed release mechanism as the Azla/Actavis pump model.

For another son (also on Concerta), I did go ahead and fill it with the Actavis brand before the end of the year. I had to call around to 6-8 different pharmacies before finally finding one that had supply on hand (none of them said they could order it any more, so I expect that this is it for us). Our prescription insurance is handled through Caremark, and I was able to get them to approve an override to allow the local CVS to fill a 90 day supply with the Actavis brand, since our Dr. had prescribed that specific brand. It did take a little back and forth, though, as the local pharmacy’s first response was “CVS only approves Trigen now.” They called in to Caremark and were corrected that they would still cover Actavis, though, as that was what was specified. (As above, my guess that this will only help if they have a supply on hand, as every CVS store I called said that they could only order Trigen now.)

Best of luck!
— Adam