Reply To: Looking for a Picture/Description of Trigen generic Concerta

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Looking for a Picture/Description of Trigen generic Concerta Reply To: Looking for a Picture/Description of Trigen generic Concerta

weisla
Participant

I was switched from Azla to Trigen by CVS in December. My 36mg Trigen pill is a round white tablet that reads TL 708. I am a 43yo woman who has taken the Alza generic successfully for several years, since diagnosed with ADD in my 30’s. The Azla OROS delivery system worked wonders for me, the TL pill is a nightmare. Some days (like today) it is totally ineffective – might as well be a placebo – other days I’ve experienced significant irritability. I went into CVS and spoke with a pharmacist who said that they can no longer get the Azla generic as the entire CVS chain is switching over to Trigen Labs. He advised me to ask my physician to write a “brand medically necessary” prescription for Concerta, which would cost me $180 a month instead of my usual $30 co-pay for generic. This means another visit to the doctor to start a new prescription approval process with my insurance company – I just did the annual (totally frustrating) process a month ago. According to the rep I spoke with at Blue Cross, they will deny unless I can demonstrate that amphetamines did not work for me. As Dionna above, I am so frustrated that my life has been turned upside down with no notification or viable alternative to medication that worked very well for me for years.