Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else? Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

vansantaclaus
Participant

I love how each of these posts are lengthy to explain how much we dislike lengthy explanations…:)

But seriously. My wife knows this and is very clear and concise about explaining or talking to me about something that needs to be done. One of my employees on the other hand will tell me all of the background regardless of the relevance to the point of the conversation. Knowing this, I preface some conversations with, I’ve got a quick second, could you give me the summary of what happened and what is needed from me? If additional information is needed in either situation, I have no issue asking for more.

I wish all would summarize then let me ask, but I know others don’t think like this. I feel my annoyance comes from thinking about the 1000s of other things at once and wanting to knock out at least one of those in someone else’s time of need.