Reply To: Mom's with ADHD-Who else feels like a failure??

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Mom's with ADHD-Who else feels like a failure?? Reply To: Mom's with ADHD-Who else feels like a failure??

toomanytabs
Participant

This resonates with me so much. I am 35 with two kids ages 5 and 1, and parenting with ADHD is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. It involves so much mental and emotional labour, so many repetitive, unstructured tasks – it almost seems consciously designed to be as ADHD-unfriendly as possible. I also have sensory issues with loud noises, and while my 5 year old is not badly behaved, he is one of those kids who lives at maximum volume, and it tears up my nerves like a belt sander. Add in a full-time job and it can start to feel just about impossible. I don’t have any solutions for you – just keep on keeping on, and try to let go of the small stuff. There has never been a perfect mother in all of human history, and yet our species survives. I firmly believe that most “super-moms” are just better at faking it than the rest of us. Sometimes all we can do is have a good cry and try again tomorrow.