Reply To: Mom's with ADHD-Who else feels like a failure??

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Mom's with ADHD-Who else feels like a failure?? Reply To: Mom's with ADHD-Who else feels like a failure??

espee
Participant

I feel your pain. I felt the same way with three kids. My ten year old was diagnosed with Autism. His behavior therapist gave me advice I can’t thank her enough for. She asked me slow down everything I did. My Speech, walking pace, household chores, even driving! I gave up on facebook and whatsapp. Limited my friends and family events and interactions. I just spent time lounging with my kids. I study with the, play games, feed and nurture them. Yes, I hired a housekeeper to help me with weekly chores at home. The results were amazing. My kids are happier and better fed than ever. Many options confuse me. I limit my options/choices for any activity, to as few as possible to help make decisions easier.
I understand I am not blessed like the other supermoms. There is none who understands my hare brained nature with empathy. My husband has no complaints now and my kids are thriving.
Ruthlessly simplified life was what did it for me. Hope this helps.