Reply To: What does the prescription need to say to get the Certified Generic for Concerta

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents What does the prescription need to say to get the Certified Generic for Concerta Reply To: What does the prescription need to say to get the Certified Generic for Concerta

donsense
Participant

It appears that the pharmacy filled the script contrary to the instructions of the doctor. Depending on regulations in your jurisdiction this could be considered their mistake and they should supply you with the corrected version. Please note i am not a lawyer but a business man.
If i were a pharmacist To my customers, I would replace remaining supply for the additional cost or some portion.because i would expect you not shop in my store again. From a patients point of view Concerta original is much more expensive and the original prescription also required an advertising form (convenient) orange and Black cardboard fold over with rip off portion. This manufacturers “no substitution” form allowed the druggist to dispense the drug with substantially reduced copay and co insurance cost to you that was paid by the manufacturer. That made the cost equal to or less than the generic version.
Did the Pharmacist choose to fill with generic low cost rather than give you the choice of going back to the docs office for form or paying the much higher cost more than $100+ a month.