Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else? Reply To: ADD and redundant/lengthy explanations drive me crazy! Anyone else?

djt0813
Participant

Yes it drives me insane. I also have a filter issue. If they are trying to tell me a story that is stupid or boring I usually say early in the conversation that I’ve heard it before, or interrupt with a different story. If they are trying to tell me something to do or explain to me a way to do something. I usually say one of 2 things 1.If it takes you this long to explain it to me you would be better off doing it yourself, or 2. If don’t want me to do it my way, and want it done your way you would be better off doing it yourself. I tried telling my wife that because you ask me to do something doesn’t mean it gets done on your time frame. If you want me to do it will get done in my time. If its that important you better get my attention and tell me that its important. My wife, after some researching and much trial and error. If she gets my attention and says look at me in the eyes, then tells me something and she gets a response besides ok, uh uh, or I will. Then she knows I got it. Explaining things to me like your talking to a 2 year old, you will get a 2 year old action or response, or nothing at all..