Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Share some venting re. ADD mishaps! Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

theglassheart69
Participant

I am 50. I was dx’d ADHD as a youngster then MS 18 years ago. As luck would have it, the MS hit my cognitive function. I quickly became the moronic headless chicken running in circles with no clue why. I have lost more cars, keys, clothing and organizers than I want to think about. When I was in a car accident on the way to retrieve my son from school, I had a family member go get him. His response was huh, I figured she just forgot me again. I bought “food” for a pet snake and remembered I had forgotten to “serve” it. I was cooking spaghetti for my family at the time. Anyone care to guess where the snake food ended up? Yeah. Take out anyone? If we do not lose the house due to failure to pay the mortgage, it will only be because prayer works. I can no longer balance a checkbook…and the electric company sends a man out to get my payment! Now, I have a son with ADHD and a husband with early onset dementia. They both tell me they are grateful that I have such a good memory. Tears or hysterical laughter? Ah well, God has a sense of humor. Now if I just don’t lose mine!