Reply To: Started daughter on Adderall- Need advice

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Started daughter on Adderall- Need advice Reply To: Started daughter on Adderall- Need advice

Pump2Duncan
Participant

For our Neuro, his teacher filled out a questionnaire. I filled out several questionaires and medical history information reports. There was an observation period of my son and a variety of psychological tests (he was 5 so they included the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence – Third Edition; Selected subtests from NEPSY-Section Edition; Bracken School Readiness Assessment and Behavior Assessment System for Children).

There was a meeting that took about an hour with me, another meeting that took about an hour with my son and then a final meeting that took about an hour to go over the report. My son thought it was fun and had no idea that he was being tested.

These tests showed his IQ, his Adaptive behavior, his sensory profile and other things. ADHD was listed as a Diagnostic Impression (as well as a few other things).

I find it odd that any teacher would recommend a child NOT get tested since early interventions are key to later successes. I encourage you to follow up with the testing. Since mental health records are highly confidential, I do not see how this information could “label” her unless you share the information with others after receiving the report.