Reply To: Challenges at school with a parent.. Can someone do this?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Challenges at school with a parent.. Can someone do this? Reply To: Challenges at school with a parent.. Can someone do this?

Shirokuma
Participant

Am I the only one to think that its the girl who started it?
Ok, punching is very bad behaviour and your son should apologise. But , she started to insult/bully him. When I was a teenager I also punched others who called me stupid or touched my stuff. In my opinion the apology should be both ways.

I am not a lawyer nor do I know the American education system. But a suspension already feels a hard punishment to him because from now it will become even more difficult for your child to follow class.

What about letting him write an apology letter to the other girl and write his feelings. That he felt upset of being called stupid and that he regrets having punch.
Writing a letter by hand has more effort and emotion behind it.

I don’t think that they can put A restraining order if only this one incident has happened. It can ruin your sons while future while that girl started it.
If they put restraining order you can also file complaint for bullying, but of course peace and friendship is a better way.

So my advice: write a apology letter.