Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Share some venting re. ADD mishaps! Reply To: Share some venting re. ADD mishaps!

donsense
Participant

The story of my life and i didnt find out til i was 70 raging AdHD that is. I absolutely cannot talk at the checkout about anything and give the right answers to debit or credit card transactions. I now warn people behind me at costco that the register will break when i am in the line and to assume it will take 15 minutes for me to check out. Same at the grocer… i now never use the express line.. unfair to others i think. As to cooking this weeks todos were forgetting to,set the microwave timer for half the cooking time so I can flip the pork chop, burger, or fish fillet and cook both sides. Yesterday i shut my ipads down completely and missed my cardiologists appointment 2 hours late and the same for a mens group meeting later that day. By the way fish fillets charcoaled oneside raw on the other are edible. Pork chops not so much. Two consecutive days last week
i have two ipads so that my timing alarms willactually go off and miss set them at least twice a week.
Talking while driving totally wacks me. I have driven through an intersection i am supposed to turn at completely to the other side of the city 30miles away.
You can imagine my relief when i found out this was ADHD not Alzheimers.and of course Sunday Monday were one continuous disaster. Went to church after breakfast just making it in time for Choir , stayed after for coffee and finished my 4th cup including breakfast, then decided i should order my Meds at the pharmacy on the way home. Couldnt actually buy them cuz i forgot my wallet. I also forgot to visit our newly renovated washrooms before leaving. Now i rush out of pharmacy to car in cold wintery weather and start for home on a cold car seat. You can guess the result which has never happenned before but i tried. Didnt even stop for car gas and air in that front tire Still the spare from a flat two weeks ago.
Made it home and rushed in to change my trousers, The next day i lost my glasses and was desperately looking everywhere but had to wear an old pair which kept losing a lense. That evening on my way to singing at a senior Rez my tire went flat on my way to pick up gas and the lense dropped out of my spare pair. Of course i was 30minutes late for a 45 minute concert. Drove home later and looked all over the floor of the car. Unfortunately i left the interior lights on, the temp went down to Zero and next day my 5 year old battery would not start the car for an already late Drs appointment. You know the rest. And its only Wednesday. Thank god i had nothing planned for today …I think.