Reply To: Help with Sleep

mnoakes
Participant

We saw our pediatrician last week and she ended up putting my son on the Clonidine. It does seem to work a bit better and there seems to be a bit less stress around bedtime. We haven’t had any extremely late nights the past week (still falls asleep between 9:00 and 10:00, but I’ll take that over 10:00 and 11:00 or later).

As for the picky eating, we’ve seen a lot of OT’s in the past years to help with this. They had mentioned all of the strategies that have been suggested, but we still seem to be in the same boat. Task number one was to reduce the stress around mealtimes because he hated mealtime. We’re better now at reducing the stress during meal times, but its mostly because we’ll make what he wants to eat (even though sometimes he’ll say that he doesn’t want it after its already been made). I know this isn’t the best strategy though. The problem with taking out the snacking is that my husband snacks all the time too and does the grocery shopping. We haven’t seen a nutritionist or dietitian, but might be something to look into.