Reply To: Help with Sleep

breuer1012
Participant

I FOUND YOUR COMMENT EXTREMELY INTERESTING ” You may also want to consider a sleep study. It is possible that the ADHD symptoms are caused by the poor sleep and not the other way around” AS THIS WHATS GOING ON IN MY HEAD THE LAST FEW DAYS. MY 7 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO FALL ASLEEP SINCE SHE WAS A BABY, WE’VE ALWAYS STRUGGLED. NO ELECTRONICS, ROUTINE, CALMING, STORY TIME… NONE OF THIS HAS HELPED. THIS WEEK I READ AN INTERESTING ARTICE DISCUSSING THE FACT THAT SOME CHILDREN WHO HAVE INSOMNIA OR OTHER SLEEP PROBLEMS, MY HAVE ADHD LIKE SYMPTOMS DURING THE DAY. MY DAUGHTER’S ADHD IN SCHOOL IS MOSTLY CONTROLLED AND SHE IS NOT ON ANY MEDICINE (WHICH I USED TO BLAME THE REASON SHE CANT FALL ASLEEP) ARE THERE ANY MOMS THAT FOUND THAT THE ALTERNATIVES WAS THE PROBLEM? I READ THAT SWOLLEN TONSILS CAN BE A TRIGGER FOR UNHEALTHY SLEEP PATTERNS, IN OUR CASE THE PROBLEM IS THE FALLING ASLEEP.

I WOULD APPRECIATE HEARING FROM ANY PARENTS THAT FOUND THE ROOT OF THEIR CHILDS STRUGGLE TO FALL ASLEEP.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by breuer1012.