Reply To: Challenges at school with a parent.. Can someone do this?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Challenges at school with a parent.. Can someone do this? Reply To: Challenges at school with a parent.. Can someone do this?

impudentmin
Participant

It sounds as though your son is being accused of bullying behaviour by another family.
Bullying is usually a persistent and sustained, targeted system of attack. This doesn’t sound like your son, but the accusation is a difficult one to bear.
It sounds as though your school principal is on board with appropriate behaviour and appropriate responses to negative incidents. Keep talking with her about your concerns for your son.
In a situation like this, your son needs his justice upheld, also. He has every right to a smooth education with a consistent classroom teacher and environment, even if he made a poor choice in his behaviour. I hope this support from school helps you to relax.
Somehow, some kids make easy targets for all kinds of accusations, true and false. I hope that your school is able to put things in place for your son to make it easier to navigate if anything like this happens again.
I also hope that the other family involved allow their child to recover without being filled with fear and rightous indignation over one incident. It is actually possible to bully a child through false or exagerated accusations of bullying … I hope the social skills of all the grade 4’s can be developed by exploring this incident carefully, instead of allowing reaction to rule the outcome.
Best luck and may calm prevail