Reply To: How to deal with friends who don't understand your ADHD?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults How to deal with friends who don't understand your ADHD? Reply To: How to deal with friends who don't understand your ADHD?

Ntjhu
Participant

You sound like you know exactly what you’re talking about, being only twenty you have a good understanding about our incredibly awesome way of life. When we are ok with our ADHD others will sense that and know they can’t itimidate us or embarrass us about it. The best way to teach her about you is to own exactly who you are, in a kind way never apologize for being who you are or what you deal with, and when I deal with my crazy I own that too. I’m not embarrassed about my anxiety attack’s or the fact I cannot go into a grocery store! I own it! When you own these things you take their power away to hurt you, and hopefully help them see your power to overcome any shame you have about having ADHD. So hold your head up my fellow ADHD er!! We are awesome people, beautiful, strong, talented, with a little twist in thinking that’s just ok ❤️