Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

ameliemur9
Participant

My Boyfriend and I had been dating for over a year and a half when he decided to move to Peru to join the Peace Corps. I always knew he was considering going but he did not want to ever talk to me about it, at one point a few months before he left he told me he was leaning towards not going and staying in our hometown. Three weeks before the date he would leave he told me he was going. He told me he was scared to talk to me about it worrying I would react negatively, and that he wanted to stay together during his two year commitment. I felt that ending on good terms and staying in touch would be best for us and our possible future, but I ended up agreeing to stay together. I found myself heartbroken in the month following his departure, and I admit I made the mistake of acting needy and doubtful of our relationship, which he said ended up pushing him away. We broke up for good over a month ago and he told me his feelings have changed due to how I have acted. He asked I give him space and do not talk to him over the app we had been using to text/call. I was going to respect his request but it was hard because I really still love and care for him. I want to know how he is doing. I was worried that by not talking we will grow further apart/if I wait for him, He will not talk to me again.Than I have handwritten a few letters explaining my feelings for him .But he never reply, You can still save your marriage or Relationship if really you still love your partner.