Reply To: No Passion No Energy No Care

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline No Passion No Energy No Care Reply To: No Passion No Energy No Care

jennyk1176
Participant

My son is 16 and as of now has no signs of ADHD and he has been the same way for probably a couple of years, including the no interest in driving. He’s been a “quiet” kid since I’d say mid elementary school and a big gamer. I’m his biggest cheerleader too. I can completely understand the frustration especially now that he’s a junior in high school as I just want him to enjoy life, experience teenage years and hoped he’d have some ideas of what he wants to get into after graduation 2019. He recently got his drivers license and a car and I don’t know if it’s the new found independence but he at least has taken to driving and gotten a job. I can only hope from here he’ll continue to branch out. Lots of luck to everyone in similar situations and though it’s not always easy to believe but try to have faith that everything will work out. Keep loving & supporting.