Reply To: Too old for Concerta?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Too old for Concerta? Reply To: Too old for Concerta?

STLGina
Participant

You know, I don’t really think it matters what bupropion or any other medicine allegedly does. The fact is that meds don’t work the same for everyone, so a med that works for me may not work for you. I tried Concerta and it screwed horribly with my emotions — had me crying all the time — so I stopped taking it and tried something else. But it works for you and you absolutely KNOW it works for you. And “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” The doctor that told you you’re too old for it is full of crap. I’m 57 years old with ADHD inattentive type as well, and I wasn’t even diagnosed until I was over the age of 50. My psychiatrist started me trying different meds. Once we found one that worked I stuck with it. And I absolutely could not function at work without it. As a matter of fact, I’m sure I would have been fired eventually if I had not gotten on the meds. I know it, my boss knows it, and my doctor knows it. You definitely need to find a new doctor that knows about and understands adult ADHD. I wish you success with finding a new doctor.