Reply To: Help with Sleep

Mawmaw
Participant

I have two grandsons now 8 and 6 yrs old. When I first gained guardianship of them it was quite a challenge to get them to sleep because their was no schedule, no discipline, no structure. A nurse friend of mine told me about an essential oil blend called Peace and Calming. She gave a sample. First use on their big toes before bedtime. The older Gson immediately got into the sleepy mode. The younger one who didn’t go to sleep until 12:00 or 1:00am, in just 15 minutes began yawning and was asleep 5 minutes later. I thought it was a miracle! To me it was!lol The children began asking me to rub their feet at night. I now use a diffuser at night and use other oils that have helped them with other problems. I have also used low mg. of melatonin on vacation and during very active holidays. I have used many different supplements to find the right one that works for them and lots of prayer. Along with definite set bed times, changing the atmosphere in the house…like lowering the tv volume about a half hour before bedtime, no electronics before bed and limited to one hour after school hours. No flickering lights that keep the brain waves active. It did not all evolve at one time but it was a process and me studying, learning from others like this online magazine, asking their therapists, psychologists questions about behavior modification. I have been through much with these children for 2 1/2 yrs. I have had great results. It’s a journey and there are no snap of the finger results. I grow with them. Any specific questions be happy to answer if I can. Mawmaw