Reply To: Do I ask my 22yr old to leave or let him stay?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Do I ask my 22yr old to leave or let him stay? Reply To: Do I ask my 22yr old to leave or let him stay?

vsmciver
Participant

Bozidar thank you for your honest reply (more tears flowed lol). i have been doing some very interesting reading and find that i myself may have ADD and that is way my focus comes and goes from his needs and i also find it hard to follow through on tasks (yes had over 10 mini “careers” in my time, can’t stay in one job for long). Anyway, not to assign blame on anyone, life is how we make it and i try my best with the 4 kids. donsence thank you for your reply my son has been declined for the army due to asthma and eczema, we both thought that would have been a great option at the time. my son has a deep interest in horticulture and repeatedly has expressed this but when studying this time he said that he got overwhelmed and stopped doing the assessments that were self-directed.
I will give my son till the new year to get a job and work each day with him (as I have time now) to understand his ADD and change some bad habits and make some good routines. I will get him to research ADD and alternative therapies as he hates to take medications (even though it works).
THANK YOU all so much for your advice and support it has really touched and motivated me to find the energy to love and help me son again. 🙂 XXX