Reply To: Artficial Insemination to avoid ADHD in children from ADHD husband.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Artficial Insemination to avoid ADHD in children from ADHD husband. Reply To: Artficial Insemination to avoid ADHD in children from ADHD husband.

Miriam
Participant

I don’t feel the same way. I would not have traded having my sons for anything, included my son with ADHD. Raising him is a challenge, but it is also a joy: he is loving, affectionate, kind, protective of his brother, creative, and so smart that he does very well in school despite tuning out in class half the time. But there is little joy in raising them with someone who does not control his anger, is not reliable, tunes out in conversations or just talks about whatever pops into his head, leaves messes, undermines my parenting (I have to fight for normal bedtime, and limiting junk food and screen time); and does not take responsibility for his actions. After 10 year of marriage, my most important goal for myself is to become the person that I was before this marriage. I am working to regain my optimism, creativity and sense of humor — the qualities that I most valued in myself before marriage, and that I want to share with my kids, and that were nearly consumed in anger and resentment at him.