Reply To: Performance evaluation time at work: setting constructive goals

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Performance evaluation time at work: setting constructive goals Reply To: Performance evaluation time at work: setting constructive goals

Shirokuma
Participant

Hello,

I (farmer) can totally relate to you.
If I do paperwork at home I must have my wife be in the same room, otherwise I can’t stay focused.
When my wife is not home I go to the library and do my work there.
I don’t know if in America that’s possible but here (in Japan) there is many spaces for laptop and free internet.
For me its important to go to the library ASAP when starting work, otherwise I will put it off for 15min ( and another 15 and another 15…).
Another place for me is to go to my farm. Even if I need to do paperwork, it helps to sit down and see it in real life.
Even when I am writing or making new seeding calendar, I feel the connection more what increases my productivity.
The other way is also necessary, I must write down the things I should get done at the farm otherwise I will do less then 25% then I should do.

This last part is for me still a struggle, I waste too much time with constantly forgetting things and uselessly walking back and forth.
(good for my health, bad for my business 😛 )

summery: Go to library or go to a location where you can ‘feel’ your work more.