Reply To: Artficial Insemination to avoid ADHD in children from ADHD husband.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Artficial Insemination to avoid ADHD in children from ADHD husband. Reply To: Artficial Insemination to avoid ADHD in children from ADHD husband.

trish64
Participant

I married my ADHD husband 18 years ago. His mother and brother also have it too. My son, now 16, and our only child has ADHD as well. Life in our household has not been the easiest; outbursts; noisy; crazy; buzzing with energy. Sometimes I crave peace and quiet, BUT, with all that I’ve experienced being with these wonderful minds is creativity; laughter at their antics; and just plain in awe of them. My husband’s Mother a doctor with her own successful practice and she still works full time at 71. Her ADHD I’m sure is what gives her her energy to do this and the other myriad of conferences and fundraisers she’s involved in. My husband’s brother is an attorney; my husband is well-known and is very successful himself in the media industry; and my son, who absolutely struggles at times at school, is bright, holds down a part time job, and has aspirations to absolutely go to college is on the right path. I wouldn’t change my life to be with them or have my son. The passion, it’s all or nothing, is amazing. Life can be hectic often in my household and during the bad times with my son I’ve wished for normalcy, but this is my crazy family and it’s never boring! It keeps me young with their buzzing energy and I can’t wait to see what an amazing creative young man my son will be. I wouldn’t change my life one bit if I could do a do-over!