Reply To: Burnt Out

PocoPer
Participant

Pump2Duncan: I don’t have much to add past what others here have shared, but I wanted to take a moment to give you support. While I can’t speak to meds, I can completely identify with the ups and downs of what you’re describing. Sometimes it feels like an emotional roller coaster that I never bought a ticket for!

You are doing a great job at being flexible to allow for the advice and input from trusted resources. You’re watching your child and adjusting accordingly. You’re actively engaged in his life and looking for the positive. I know it’s challenging, but I see so many positives from what you’re sharing here. Please remind yourself of that when you’re at your wits end.

I also wanted to add one other thing–you mentioned early on that maybe you shouldn’t have gotten your migraine prevention medications because of the impact they may have to your budget. Please keep in mind that old adage of taking care of yourself and making sure you’re ok otherwise you cannot take care of others. You need to be whole. As a fellow migraine sufferer, there is no way you’ll be able to manage your child if your head is crushing in on itself. As they say in the plane, first put your oxygen mask on and then assist others. ;o)

I applaud you. It’s not an easy road but you are truly navigating it well!