Reply To: Has anyone treated symptoms with coffee or alternative type of caffeine?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child Has anyone treated symptoms with coffee or alternative type of caffeine? Reply To: Has anyone treated symptoms with coffee or alternative type of caffeine?

anomalocaris
Participant

Caffeine worked for me before I realized it. I was in a situation where I was having occasions in martial arts training where I was suddenly more focused and functional. My trainer and I spent some time figuring out what the consistent factor was. Turned out, the only common factor was a coffee cart at the events where I performed better, and I’d had the coffee about 2 hours before the match. It doesn’t surprise me, though, that doctors don’t recommend non-pharmaceutical options. Unfortunately, the doctors who don’t recommend non-medical options generally refuse to treat anyone without insurance, so we’re kinda left with the “non-recommended” options. 🙂 I’d agree that if you have the option of proper medical treatment, it makes sense to use it.