Reply To: New here- need thoughts on my 9 yo dtr with ADHD and Anxiety

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child New here- need thoughts on my 9 yo dtr with ADHD and Anxiety Reply To: New here- need thoughts on my 9 yo dtr with ADHD and Anxiety

MagicsMom6
Participant

Thank you so much for your replies. I will clarify a few things. M has been on the Prozac since March. It did seem to help at first but not anymore. Penny, I’m sorry that it happened to your child as well but I actually feel kind of relieved that mine isn’t the only one!

You know, I didn’t know much about the meds at all so when our Pediatrician (who used to manage Mary’s meds) switched her to the Vyvanse, I had no idea that they were two different types of ADHD meds. The Psychiatrist immediately switched her back to the Medidate. Is Metadate an amphetamine or the other kind? I should know these things! I think it’s the other because we get the generic med!

I’m at such a loss as to what to do. She’s so bright but says that she’s still distracted. And she has all Bs right now and one A because of her handful of Fs and one C and one D. The teacher says that she’s distracted. I do think that I’m going to go back to the Quillivant, especially now that there is a chewable.

Thank you again!