Reply To: Masters Degree and Having to Focus

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Masters Degree and Having to Focus Reply To: Masters Degree and Having to Focus

lniebauer
Participant

Jen,
Thank you for sharing your story. It does help to know that I’m not alone in the struggle. I too have the inattentive ADD. I struggle with depression and anxiety also. I was hoping to wean off my anti depressant a year ago, but then I hit perimenopause and had to put that idea on hold. Sure didn’t need new hormone issues adding to the struggle! But I do and have to try to sort things out.
I read some things about the ADD brain and how it resists priorities, and that the part of the brain that wants the “fun” stuff overpowers the other. It basically said that part was immature in its development. Made sense. I am trying to find new ways to look at my priorities so I don’t have an attitude that instantly rejects the priority of my homework. Easier said than done, but at least I’m aware of it and I have a plan of action.
I think what gets to me the most is how I feel physically as I try to stay on task with priorities. The battle is exhausting. I’m starting to see a therapist again to help me gain new perspectives.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by lniebauer.