Reply To: 9 year old ODD is getting the best of me

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline 9 year old ODD is getting the best of me Reply To: 9 year old ODD is getting the best of me

wainiomail
Participant

Frustrated mom,
I completely understand. I have a 13 y o daughter who’s ADHD and ODD. I basically need a bullet proof vest in the mornings to deal with her.
After trying every approach in the book and counselors, doctors and everything else, things are not on an upswing. She has major sleep issues and getting
her to school just about requires an act of God. Look for support everywhere you can, and try to always always always keep in mind your child’s strengths.
I still can’t grasp how difficult my daughters life is dealing with all her challenges. I’m 51 so I’ve had some years to look at the big picture. Since you’re on
this site looking for help, I’m pretty sure you’ll find a solution. Just give it time. And say the serenity prayer a lot!
Just like Kailet says–Blessings to all you mamas who won’t give up on your kids. Stay strong, no matter how difficult things seem.