Reply To: Masters Degree and Having to Focus

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Masters Degree and Having to Focus Reply To: Masters Degree and Having to Focus

jnlmhny33
Participant

Hello Iniebauer,
This is my first time replying on here. I am in my last semester before receiving my Bachelor’s in Psychology. I am 38, and a single mother to 3 girls ages 21, 17, and 12 (2 youngest are still at home). I know exactly how you are feeling. I am the same way. I stress myself out, so much so, that I procrastinate even more than I normally do (which is a lot), which makes me even more stressed out! I am almost 4 years into my degree and still haven’t found a strategy that works for me. I have ADHD, Inattentive type. I was finally diagnosed at almost 34 years old, after over 12 years of being treated for depression and anxiety and being on every single anti-depressant out there with no relief. I am currently taking Adderall and although it helps me tremendously with most things, it does not help with the stress of school work and getting it all organized. I am sorry that I do not have any advice on how to help, but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your struggle. Good luck with the rest of your courses. I am planning on getting my master’s after this and I am extremely nervous about the workload it must come with!
~Jen