Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him? Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

Poppy123
Participant

I honestly can’t believe I am as some of you are meanfully writing, that I want to be needed, or am looking to screw up my life. This is all crap. I just think I am too understanding and accepting and forgiving of his emotional outbursts etc which is not a good thing I know. Why I continued to accept that over these last 4 years is because I preferred a relationship over being single for 5 years and believed that there were things he could do to change (and I believed him every time, but ofcourse he didn’t really change). He did finally stop having weed and only have hash which makes him less nasty. so he’s thinking of trying CBD or medication instead of hash to keep calm and get rid of the nasty effects of thc in the hash.

I write this personal info to help others who are reading x

But anyway I have left him a week ago cos it turned violent against me, so I can’t tolerate physical abuse (even though emotional and verbal abuse is damaging too). He’s going to try and come off hash as said above, but now it’s up to him. I can’t see him changing but at least I’m not living with him now.