Reply To: Testing ..what does the school do

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Testing ..what does the school do Reply To: Testing ..what does the school do

Pump2Duncan
Participant

I found testing at the school level to be fractional at best. Testing was symptom based and not comprehensive. We’d have a test for LD, and then form the IEP – behavior issues would pop up, so then they’d do a Functional Behavior Assessment to develop a Behavior Intervention Plan, then another and another. For a comprehensive test, I’d use the private sector.

At the beginning of my journey, Wrights Law was extremely helpful in helping me navigate what the schools were bound to do. http://www.wrightslaw.com/info/test.index.htm discusses different tests. The website is a little hard to navigate but has a lot of good information about IEP, 504 and the IDEA.

If you happen to have Medicaid insurance for your child, you might see if the neuropysch is covered. My son was under medicaid when he had his done and it was covered in full with a referral from his therapist.