Reply To: 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope? Reply To: 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope?

satsuki
Participant

ADHD can be triggered or caused by a lot of different things – for example nutrient deficiencies (see ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4928725, PMC2248201), thyroid problems (PMID: 8450877), food allergies (PMC4322780), celiac or gluten sensitivity (PMC3184556), or neurotoxins (PMC4418502, PMC4389999). Psychiatrists aren’t being taught to screen for these things, unfortunately, so you have to do the research on your own, in my experience.

For about 6 months, I applied many of these suggestions; I went gluten-free, limited my beverages to purified, re-mineralized bottled water to avoid all the chloramine, fluorosilicic acid and crud in tap water, and took quality, high-nutrient vitamins, magnesium, iron, zinc, omega3, iodoral, selenomethionine, CoQ10, sodium borate, st johns wort, dopa mucuna, kelp, 1tbsp apple cider vinegar twice a day, and a bunch of amino acids that are supposed to help with brain function (tryptophan, tyrosine, alpha gpc, GABA, acetyl carnitine, glutamine).

I am not sure which one helped (maybe I should have added each one gradually so I could tell, but oh well), but I forgot to take my medication one day, and I couldn’t tell the difference, so I just decided to stop taking it. That was over a month ago, and I haven’t needed my medications since.

Not only is my ADHD gone, I can also sleep normally, my heart arrhythmias and joint pain went away as well and I lost weight. It’s amazing! Though it is kind of depressing that I spent so much money on doctors visits, when I ended up finding better help on the internet.