Reply To: Can't wake him up!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Can't wake him up! Reply To: Can't wake him up!

nicole123
Participant

My 18 year old daughter always comes home after school and takes naps, usually from 4 to 6 everyday. She still goes to bed between 10 and 11, but get’s up at 7:00 am with the rest of the family. For your son, I would look into getting his schedule changed so that he doesn’t have a first and maybe even a second period. My neighbor’s son had similar issues and the son researched what was best for him. He ended up going to an independent-study school associated with our school district where he only needed to check in with his one teacher once a week. He received packets of homework on a weekly schedule, completed them on his own time, and ended up graduating 6 months ahead of his graduating class. He is now a photographer. Find your son’s strengths and what motivated him. Have him research what possibilities or alternatives there are for both his high school and college education. Good Luck!