Reply To: Im ADHD and in need of romance and affection from my wife

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Im ADHD and in need of romance and affection from my wife Reply To: Im ADHD and in need of romance and affection from my wife

Neetero
Participant

Holeeee cow, I totally get this!! My partner is my polar opposite. Where I’m messy she’s tidy. She really sees it as a personal affront if the house is cluttered when she gets home from work (I am a part time musician and stay home parent). To the point where she gets wound up and starts yelling depending on different circumstances. However, it pisses me off because she doesn’t see that it took me 90 mins to clean the floors (big house) and mop…do laundry and empty and reload dishwasher…but oh no if the toys are messy or there’s clutter around, she makes me feel like a complete failure. Since I’ve been on medication, I get a lot more done, but I also feel stronger in my resolve that I can’t do it all. Clutter removal will not change to world or make me a better parent or partner…and I argue against doing it. I do try to do it but it’s like a whole other language. no comprende. I thought this weekend we would get closer…and she’s in bed crying her eyes out because I don’t see this issue as such a priority as she does. to answer preppychicks2004, well, if love is an uncluttered house, we’re in trouble.