Reply To: 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope? Reply To: 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope?

gina loretelli
Participant

I know exactly how you feel, a year ago my symptoms seemed to really get way worse and I cannot hold a job. Mostly because when I see the way employers treat employees I cannot keep my mouth shut about it. I get fixated on injustice and just don’t know when to stop. I cannot do the stimulant meds, they make me sick and give me nightmares. To me they just feel like street meth. I’m hoping and praying I find something soon that can utilize my skills. I’m great at making connections and sales, terrible at paperwork and follow through. I can’t organize to save my life. My other saving grace will be if my husband will find a higher paying job which he has the ability to do and then I can just stay home and focus on my family. I don’t have too many problems with time. I can get to places on time and if I’m not working I can remember my and my families appointments. I have to be the thinker for my whole family. I do the bills, I make the meals, I plan the outings. So it’s hard to fit work stuff in my brain. Good luck to you!