Reply To: 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope? Reply To: 20 years of treatment failure: is there hope?

rcole1025
Participant

Wow, so many great responses here! I’m new to the ADD community (just joined a month ago) and it’s such an enormous help to hear that there are so many others out there struggling with the same challenges every day; it gives me more hope!

2Weelz; unfortunately I can’t really add anything to the discussion other than my support and that I feel your pain and struggle with the exact same problems every day. CBT and mindful meditation helped for awhile until I started getting anxious that I needed to be doing other things with my time to find work and pursue creative endeavors on the side. Someone here mentioned your talent for writing and I would agree – so maybe start a blog or do some writing for some publications if you enjoy it. You would be helping many others by sharing your experiences and challenges with ADD and it’s also something you can do anytime of the day or night. I find doing something creative (for me it’s music) is a huge help to my mental and emotional health and I can use my hyperfocus to my advantage!