Reply To: Best Job for ADHD

SallyK
Participant

I’m a teacher who has ADHD, and I’m just trying to figure out how you have the time to be bored. Extremely stressful and frustrating yes, but for me, teaching has NEVER been boring. Maybe it’s what you’re teaching? I teach special education, and every single one of my students has ADHD. If I were to take my eyes off of my students long enough to surf the internet, or even to check my cell phone, all heck would break loose. I can honestly say that every day I’ve taught has been challenging, and I’ve found ALL of my students to be interesting. If you really crave excitement, I can tell you that teaching special ed at an alternative high school is probably the wildest ride of all. I guess it just boils down to what rings your bell. One of the suggested careers for people with ADHD is culinary, which I didn’t like at all. You are hooked to a time clock, you work the major holidays, and you spend your day around dangerous equipment and noxious chemicals. I had to leave before I cut off more than just the tip of a finger. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you future success.