Reply To: Household organisation

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Household organisation Reply To: Household organisation

lauriejackson2008
Participant

When I was working full-time with 2 toddlers, I was desperate to get organized for meals. I ended up walking my grocery store aisles from one end to the other (I like to finish with the produce), and then typed up a list of the weekly items we bought and liked, as well as more generic items like: Meat; Fruit and Veggies, etc. with items on the list in the order of the aisles. This allows me to pass down each aisle once! Save the list and print off 10 copies at a time. Every Sunday – our shopping day – I go through what is in the fridge, freezer and pantry to see what I have to use. Then I make a list of meals based on our schedule for the week. (The list of meals has fluctuated, based on my kids taste and my energy level. I have made lists in past years to reference when I am not coming up with ideas.) Finish up the grocery list based on your list of meals, and lunches for the kids, etc. And hand off to my spouse! I hope you have a supportive partner who is willing to do the shopping once you are finished. Typically by this time my focus is all used up!