Reply To: Alternative middle school specializing in ADHD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning Alternative middle school specializing in ADHD Reply To: Alternative middle school specializing in ADHD

deb91
Participant

BRLK – I want my son to go to your son’s school! If my son had that directed studies option alone that would solve so many of our problems! I think I’m going to suggest that to his middle school, a study hall instead of an elective like Agriscience that he will prbly never use.

Lisa – I live in KY and there is a school in a neighboring town that is private and geared specifically for kids with ADHD, ASD, LD, etc. It is called the KORE Academy. I have thought about having my son go there, except it would be way out of my way to take him to school there and then drive back to work, plus the expense of tuition. This school is a K-12 and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council. Their website is http://www.koreacademy.org. I don’t have experience with the school or know anyone who does. You could probably ask for references from current and former students though.