Reply To: Running out of patience..

kimmy0
Participant

Nikki I completely agree with you. As stated in my comment above to gentlygenli. I am reading the explosive Child it’s a great book and gentlygenli can maybe learn something from it. The reason why more parents are coming out that their kids are having issues as for the simple fact that years ago it wasn’t diagnosed. ODD for instance was something that was unheard of. When my step son was diagnosed with ODD I was told that there wasn’t enough information on it and it’s ignored. I was told that he also had ADHD but that would be a walk in the park compared to the ODD. Prior to the 70s kids with disabilities didn’t really have any choices and society deemed these kids as trouble. At this day and age it’s no longer. So it’s not a thing of the past. And it’s not about raising a child the right way yes that definitely has to do with it. But you can try to teach your child the textbook way and nothing you do will work.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by kimmy0.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by kimmy0.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by kimmy0. Reason: Spelling errors