Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

sverma42@gmail.com
Participant

Well, we met this past friday. It was sad and good all at the same time. I told him everything i felt and that i’m leaving the door open for him. also that if he ever needs, im here for him. He does want to be friends one day and I would like to be, i just need to figure out what that looks like for me because I have never done it.
He responded with compassion and we basically then talked for 2 hours about everything, how we think of each other and things that remind us of each other. he told me he hasnt been sleeping well and he thinks he is depressed. he opened up to me and told me all of his life issues right now. When i left i gave him a hug. He held on very tight and it seemed he didnt want to let go. He said ” you dont have to hug me like its the last time, because it isnt”. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and left. It was the most gut-wrenching experience for me bc i know he is hurting and needs support. I also know that he cares deeply for me, it just seems like he has something internal that is stopping him.