Reply To: HELP! Stuck in the Passive Aggressive, Spiteful and Vendictive Cycle

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones HELP! Stuck in the Passive Aggressive, Spiteful and Vendictive Cycle Reply To: HELP! Stuck in the Passive Aggressive, Spiteful and Vendictive Cycle

alleyc70
Participant

Thank you everyone for your time in responding with your opinions as to what I should do. I have been dealing with his behaviors for some time now long enough that I have done everything you have mentioned including boundaries where I purposely got a job full time days so he does not have access to me. This worked out great until the summer so its been a struggle to line up play dates and transportation. To the individual who described my state of mind as far as being baffled as to how,to help him, I am a psychologist and I actually have a harder time understanding the extreme sense of entitlement he seems to have. Its no longer about helping him but me learning skills necessary to cope in less self destructive ways. I understand the term personality disorder has been thrown around A lot even by me, I actually truly think he has Aspergers. Bi know that there is a slippery slope in terms of a psychologist counseling their own family members due to a lack of objectivity, but based on what I know as far as family history and his childhood, as well as his quirky behavior and that his inattentiveness is more like completely disapears for days emotionally. He’s there physically, but thats it its almost like living with a phantom. This is usually preceded by NY refusal to allow him to control me. He can be so controlling, I often feel if he could physically manipulate my body to do what he wanted he would. As far as taking notes, I have more than a decade of texts and notes, I plan on writing a book one day to help others so I have kept it all.