Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you? Reply To: What are your favorite traits that ADHD has given you?

revelderknight
Participant

Besides all of the traits listed previously, I have found others that people have commented about me. Of those are my empathy to others; my ability to understand what others want or need when they have difficulty describing it. For example; a customer will come into The Home Depot, where I’m employed, I am able to assist and problem solve when others can’t. My peers and management have noticed my ability to find a solution or answer when others fail. When an associate or customer doesn’t know if we have a product/ or not, and where it might be located, I can direct them to the exact aisle, bay, and shelf. When a customer comes in needing a part, but has trouble knowing what its called, or describing what it looks like, and how it works, I instantly know the answers. I take the cryptic pieces of their description, and assemble a visual of what it is in my mind.

This is only one, of the many gifts that my ADHD has given me.