Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

woodenmeow
Participant

He has not been diaignosed by a Doctor but many times when he as trouble focusing will say “I have ADD” Around his house he always has some kind of project. He says it helps him think and focus.
I didn’t really put much thought into the ADHD thing until it hit me.. Is it possible that his emotional road blocks and lack of commitment part of the ADHD…
He told me that he has been this way all of his life. He is a very quiet guy, very tired most of the time. Doesn’t fit all the boxes on ADHD list. Then again everyone is different.
THe more people I connect with on here they said that commitment issues and ADHD are pretty common. It made me feel a little better but still nothing is fixed with me and my boyfriend.
Since the guy you were seeing still wants to talk… he doesn’t want to completely shut the door. That to me is a good sign just give him some time.
I hope my patience with my guy pays off.