Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed Reply To: Boyfriend with ADHD just broke up with me because he is too stressed

sverma42@gmail.com
Participant

Thank you ADHDmomma, yes I agree, he is extremely introspective and that’s one of the reasons I really would like to leave a door open for him. I also am constantly trying to work on myself so I know he understands that. I know I have not been perfect, I think I get too emotional sometimes but he just consoles me and says “you are a person, I understand” so that’s what I think when he tells me that he thinks he is weird. We all have our stuff and we are all just trying to deal and find some happiness along the way. I will post an update once I speak with him next week. I know it will be emotional and respectful. I hope I can show him just how much I care about him.

Woodenmeow, I’m sorry to hear that. Does he acknowledge that he has it? have you tried to approach him about it? I’m new to this so I don’t even know how one would do that.