Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him? Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

Shirokuma
Participant

Commitment issues is typically for AD/HD.
I got bored of working at EMS (yes, the dying people and heavy accidents became not enough).
As train driver I enjoyed the technical problems and solving problems but also this became boring. At home I enjoyed starting projects but always stopped at 70% finished.
My relationship with my wife is also not always optimal and had period I Couldn’t feel happy about my child. BUT unlike projects or work, your wife and child are life partners. They don’t exist to give me excitement or must give me butterflies.
People should stop thinking as boyfriend or girlfriend and they must give the same excitement as a game, movie or so.
It’s a life partner, and if they can’t stay with you when they don’t feel like it, then he or she isn’t a life partner.
And this even more when already engaged. What if he does this in case if your pregnant, or if the baby is born?

Having commitment problems and leaving partner is still a a big difference between.
It’s like comparing killing an annoying mosquito or an annoying human…