Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him? Reply To: Can my boyfriend get better or shall I leave him?

woodenmeow
Participant

Shirokuma – I beliveve the rush for him taking a break and coming back to me is that its all new again, the butterflies, first date jitters. All that excitment.
Not encluding the ADHD he has commitment issues on top of that. Yes we have been together on and off for 3 years and reached the point of getting engaged.
I love him and would like to be supportive to him. So to explain… that is why I have stayed so long.
He keeps saying that he can’t focus and has emotional roadblocks. I have been trying to do all I can for him, and yes if it gets bad that I will have to look at the option of moving on. It would be with a VERY heavy heart that I did that.
And AnneHW.. I actually do see a counselor and he doesn’t really give me any great apologies. He knows their is something wrong with him, he is hurting. All I can do now is pray for him and if he comes back help him in whatever way I can. I hope that he gets the help he needs.

Thank you for the help…